ASUS Tri-Band Wireless RT-AC3200 Gigabit Router
Completely transform your network with the ASUS Tri-Band Wireless RT-AC3200 Gigabit Router from ASUS. This router combines 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology with a tri-band configuration to generate maximum data transfer rates of up to 3200 Mbps. This enhanced data transfer rate is perfect for a variety of applications such as streaming 4K/UHD content, online gaming, transferring large files, and more. ASUS has designed this router with simplicity in mind eliminating the hassle of choosing which router band you want to connect to with Tri-Band Smart Connect.
The ASUS Tri-Band Wireless RT-AC3200 Gigabit Router features 802.11a/b/g/n/ac network standards compatibility, dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz functionality, and comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports. Accompanying those Gigabit Ethernet ports, you will find one USB 2.0 port and one USB 3.0 port designed to allow you to attach peripherals such as external hard drives and USB printers directly to the router. In addition to the network ports and USB connectivity, you will see six external antennas set up in a 3×3 configuration to support two 802.11ac networks simultaneously.
Once configured, you can secure your wireless network using 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, and Radius with 802.1x encryption. You can also connect wireless devices to the network with ease by using the integrated Wi-Fi Protect Setup (WPS) button. With integrated WAN, LAN, WPS, wireless and power LED indicator you can see the status of your network connections and router.
- Six External High-Performance Antennas
- The RT-AC3200 uses two 802.11ac networks, each with a three transmit, three receive (3×3) antenna configuration. This is made possible by its six external high performance antennas, and allows more devices to connect faster with better stability.
- Dual USB Ports
- The easy-to-use USB app lets you share printers, storage devices and 3G/4G (HSPA+) dongles over your entire network, and the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port ensures ultra-fast transfer speeds. Plus, there’s plenty of space around each port to accommodate bulkier devices.
- Tri-Band Smart Connect
- Tri-Band Smart Connect technology automatically assigns each device to either the 2.4 GHz band or one of the two 5 GHz bands, according to the device’s speed, its signal strength, and how busy each band is. This means you never have to decide which band to use, as RT-AC3200 does it all for you.
- AiRadar Beamforming
- ASUS AiRadar intelligently strengthens wireless connectivity using 802.11ac universal beamforming technology, high-power amplification and exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning.
- Adaptive QoS
- ASUS Adaptive Quality of Service (QoS) optimizes and prioritizes bandwidth, with presets for gaming, media streaming, VoIP, web browsing and file transfers.
- Powerful Online Multitasking
- The ASUS Tri-Band Wireless RT-AC3200 Gigabit Router has a data pipeline that’s around 20 times larger than conventional routers – up to 300,000 data sessions – for smooth performance.
- Fast Wired Networking Performance
- The ASUS Tri-Band Wireless RT-AC3200 Gigabit Router has a dedicated Gigabit Ethernet WAN port plus four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports. Its powerful hardware-accelerated NAT removes the bottleneck between the wired LAN and the Internet for a lag-free gaming experience.
- Hardware NAT
- Hardware NAT removes the bottleneck between the Internet and the home network, giving WAN-to-LAN performance that’s 2-5 times faster than a traditional software-based NAT.
- Dual WAN Support
- Configure one of the LAN ports as a WAN to use two Internet connections, either to share Internet traffic between them or so that one can be used as a backup connection should one connection fail.
- Time Machine Support
- Any USB storage device attached to RT-AC3200 can be used in conjunction with Time Machine backups for your Apple devices.
- Any device supporting the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) standard can be connected instantly simply by pressing the WPS button on RT-AC3200.
- VPN Support
- Create a VPN server or turn your network-connected devices into VPN-enabled clients – with no need for paid VPN services.
- Traffic Analyzer
- Traffic analyzer helps you spot Internet bottlenecks quickly and easily. It gives you an at-a-glance view of the amount of network bandwidth used by each user, device or application on a daily, weekly or monthly timescale.
- Network Map
- A comprehensive network map shows you at a glance details of what devices are connected to your router and their connection status.
- Take advantage of enhanced security from Trend Micro giving you enterprise-level security in the home. With features including Router Security Scan, Malicious Site Blocking, Vulnerability Protection, Infected Device Detection and Blocking, Web and App Filters, and Time Scheduling you can monitor and protect your network from a variety of attacks and threats.
- Create Your Own Personal Cloud
- ASUS AiCloud keeps you close to your data wherever and whenever you have an Internet connection. It links your home network and online storage service, giving you access to your files using the AiCloud mobile app on your iOS, Android smartphones or via a personalized browser URL. You can share photos instantly to services like Facebook, Flickr or Dropbox directly from the AiCloud interface. Even better, AiCloud can be connected to another compatible router to expand your personal cloud even further.
|Network Standard||IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6|
|Product Segment||AC3200 Ultimate AC Performance: 600+1300+1300 Mbps|
|Data Rate||802.11a: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
802.11n: up to 450 Mbps
802.11n: TurboQAM: Up to 600 Mbps
802.11ac: Up to 1300 Mbps
|Antennas||6 x external antennas|
|Operating Frequency||2.4 GHz / 5 GHz|
|Encryption||64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, Radius with 802.1x, WPS support|
|Firewall & Access Control||Firewall: SPI intrusion detection, DoS protection
Access control: Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter
|Management||UPnP, IGMP v1/v2/v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, SNMP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, DMZ, System Event Log|
|VPN Support||IPSec Pass-Through
|WAN Connection Type||Internet Connection Type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP|
|Operation Mode||Wireless router mode
Media bridge mode
– Support BT, NZB, HTTP, ED2K
– Support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
– Upload and download bandwidth control
– Download scheduling
– Image: JPEG
– Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
– Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov
– User definable rules for IP/MAC/Port. Upload and Download bandwidth management
– ACK/SYN/FIN/RST/ICMP with Highest priority
– 3 x 2.4 GHz guest networks
– 3 x 5 GHz-1 guest network
– 3 x 5 GHz-2 guest network
– Multifunctional printer support(Windows only), LPR protocol support
．File Server: Samba and FTP server with account management
．PPTP VPN server
|Ports||1 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Gigabit BaseT for WAN
4 x RJ45 for 10/100/1000 Gigabit BaseT for LAN
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0
|Buttons||WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button, Wireless on/off Button, LED on/off Button|
|LED Indicators||1 x PWR
2 x Wireless
1 x WAN
4 x LAN
1 x WPS
|Power Supply||AC Input: 110 V~240 V (50~60 Hz) DC Output: 19 V with max. 2.37 A current|
|OS Support||Windows 8.1 86×64
Windows 8 86×64
Windows 7 86×64
Windows Vista 86×64
Windows 2000 86×64
Windows XP 86×64
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
Mac OS X 10.1
Mac OS X 10.4
Mac OS X 10.5
Mac OS X 10.6
Mac OS X 10.7
Mac OS X 10.8
Mac OS X
Linux Kernel (Support Ubuntu only)
|Dimensions||11.40 x 7.40 x 2.28″ / 28.96 x 18.80 x 5.79 cm|
|Weight||2.24 lb / 1.02 kg|
|Package Weight||4.2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||15.2 x 9.2 x 3.7″|